LCG is partnering with Lafayette General Health (LGH) to administer tests to anyone, even those who are not exhibiting coronavirus symptoms. The Northgate Mall drive-thru site will operate tomorrow, Friday, July 31, and will remain open every Wednesday and Friday through Wednesday, August 12 from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
· Testing is available at no cost
· Bring a valid ID (minors must have legal guardian present)
· Bring an insurance card, if available
· No out-of-pocket costs for anyone and no one will be turned away based on insurance status
· Remain in vehicle
· No more than four people per vehicle
· Walk-ups, bicyclists or anyone dropped off by public transportation will be accommodated.
Participants will receive test results within three to five days via the MyHealth patient portal, and those with a positive result will also be contacted by phone. Please note, testing could be cancelled due to inclement weather.
In addition to drive-thru testing, the Health Equity Task Force, working with its healthcare partners, recently began employer-based testing and will visit on-site to test employees in the city of Lafayette. Interested employers should call 337-291-8354.
In addition to the many testing sites and employee testing, Task Force member are looking into in-home testing. “Many of our elderly are afraid to leave their homes to get tested. Plus, many people who live on the Northside don’t have transportation. It’s difficult to get to testing sites,” said LCG Chief of Minority Affairs Carlos Harvin. LCG will share that information when details are available.
LCG Health Equity Task Force and Healthcare Partners’ Testing Sites
Test sites are available at no cost
· SWLA Center for Health Services, 500 Patterson Street Lafayette, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
· Total Wellness Group, 3414 Moss Street, Suite F, Lafayette, by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
· Martin Luther King Center, 309 Cora Street, Lafayette, Tuesdays from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
· Super 1 Foods, 215 West Willow Street, Lafayette, dates are pending for the month of August
· Gethsemane Church of God in Christ, 701 E. Pinhook Road, Lafayette, days vary. Call 337-233-2478 for dates and times.
· Carencro Community Center, 5201 N University Avenue, Carencro, dates are pending for the month of August
· Moore Health Care Group (Dr. Patrick Moore), 307 Alcide Dominique Drive, Lafayette, call -337-706-8986 for dates and times.
· Allie-Patlola Medical Center, 901 Wilson Street, Lafayette, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays from 9:00 a.m.-noon.